It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Page 13 of 24 [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thread about anything
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:55 pm 
Fluke

blah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:33 am 
Why do people who you just barely meet become upset if you don't have time to hang out with them? Seriously.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:47 pm 
Because they're weenies who have never had actual obligations.

Layton dude, thanks but if I lived in your basement I'd end up migrating to use your pull-up bar in your garage, then destroy you at your own game. I wouldn't want that to happen to you. Thus, I politely decline.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:59 pm 
That last one was obviously me.

To expand a little bit on the weenie thing, I'm on the complete other end of the spectrum. That is, I seldom have time to do anything with anyone. (This probably makes me continually come across as a giant raging a-hole.) When I do try to make time, I'm usually cancelling on at least one or two other things to make it happen.

Consequently, I have a hard time understanding the mentality of people I view as "flakes". I find it endlessly irritating to go out of my way to try to make something happen only to have the person on the other end make up some lamesauce excuse at the last minute. I left work early so I could get my errands done in time to do [fill in the blank] with you, only to have you flake at the last minute AND TRY TO GET ME TO RESCHEDULE AND IT ALL OVER AGAIN? All because you just "didn't feel like it" at the time?

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that everyone comes from a different background with different priorities and different levels of obligation. I find the people I get along with best are those who have similarly demanding schedules, as we have a huge empathy for one another and likewise value the time we spend together.

Maybe. I dunno.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:56 pm 
Aw crap! If I'd read that yesterday, as opposed to today, I wouldn't have asked you to take off to come gun shopping with me!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:57 pm 
Haha. Gun shopping was totally fun! And you didn't flake! These two things are totally mutually exclusive.

Also, I found a sweet accessory for your new boomsticks.
http://www.tshirtbordello.com/Zombie-Target-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:02 pm 
Oddly, I'm fighting conservatives, not zombies. That said, about a dozen t-shirts came up, but if anyone is looking for a great birthday present, I would like the following, please:

1. Double Tap (Don't want it, yet I NEED it. Can't explain.)

2. Weyland-Yutani

3. AVP

4. Zombaid

5. SEND MORE PARAMEDICS! ***I will do geeky favors for this one!***

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:44 pm 
What kind of boom stick did you get?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:55 pm 
g36c Airsoft replica. I'm having real issues with building this costume, though! Trying to make a copy of a movie character, but after carefully studying photos, she changes guns throughout the scene! Pain in the patoot!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:50 pm 
What character?

Page 13 of 24 [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next